Show Side Menu
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999

Suggestions And Complaints

Our aim is to give you the highest possible standard of service and we try to deal swiftly with any problems that may occur.

We operate a Practice Complaints Procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our system meets National criteria.

Making A Complaint

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from us, please let us know.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem, or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

Complaints can be verbal or written and should be directed to Caroline Whitaker, Practice Manager. The Avenues Medical Centre, 147-153 Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 3TJ, (01482 343614) or alternatively click the following link to download a complaints form.

Complaint Form

We will contact you on receipt of your complaint to clarify your concerns, discuss your desired outcomes, how you would like your concern dealing with and during this discussion we will agree a timescale for response. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your concerns, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned
  • Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
  • Try and resolve the concern to your satisfaction
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of patient confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining to NHS Hull

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our Practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. But this does not affect your right to approach NHS Hull, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us.

You should contact the Patient Relations Service:

Phone: 01482 335409
Address: Patient Relations, Freepost Plus RTGL-RGEB-JABG, NHS HULL Clinical Commissioning Group, 2nd Floor, Wilberforce Court, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 1UY

You may also like to contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) for help. They can be contacted at Ground Floor Suite, Studio 700, Princess Street, Hull, HU2 8BJ, Tel 0845 1203 734, and Email

NHS England email Tel 03003112233

If you are unhappy with the outcome of our investigation, the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman is able to look into your concern. They can be contacted at Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP, Tel: 03450 154033, and email

Local Services, Let