If you are on regular medication you can request a repeat prescription. The doctor may allow you to have a number of repeat prescriptions without being seen although you will need to be reviewed by a doctor at least once a year.
We are conscious that our phone lines are extremely busy and you may experience a longer waiting time to order your repeat prescription. In order to avoid this wait you can order in other ways as listed below:
- Tick the items required on the right hand side of the order form from your last repeat prescription and return to the surgery in person. There is a box in the Reception area where you can post your repeat prescription request or you can post it to us. Currently during the pandemic you can post this through the letter box.
- You can order a repeat prescription over the telephone between the hours of 2.00pm and 5.00pm on (01482) 343614 option number 2, excluding Wednesday's WE DO NOT TAKE TELEPHONE PRESCRIPTIONS ON WEDNESDAYS
- You can email your repeat prescription request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are registered with Patient Online there is a facility to request your repeat prescription.
- You can use the NHS App. Simply download from App Store and follow the instructions given or click this link: https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-app
Please allow 48 working hours before collection of you prescription. For your convenience we will post your prescription to you if you leave a stamped addressed envelope.
The Practice has now gone live with electronic repeat prescribing. We are aiming to issue all prescriptions in this way now. In order to utilise this service you must inform us or your preferred pharmacy who will then set this up. Please still allow 2 working days from request to collection, although in many cases your prescription will be available sooner. For further information please speak to your preferred pharmacy or ask at Reception. Please could all patients inform us of your preferred pharmacy if you have not already done so.
It has been estimated that £300 million of NHS prescribed medications are wasted each year.
- Please do not over order or stockpile medications
- Wherever possible please do not over order medications or habitually order all repeat medication unless required.
- If you are aware of medication that is on repeat and no longer required please let us know.
Medication wastage is huge concern and financial burden on the NHS